Saturday, April 25, 2009

You'll never guess what I heard...

...my baby's heartbeat! Yes, that is right, I am pregnant. I just had my first ultrasound and heard the little Kumquat's heartbeat. We are very excited. It was such a relief to know that everything is perfect and developing right on schedule.




Here are a few answers I know you will ask:

10 weeks.
November 17.
No not really, just tired. I feel lucky to not be puking my guts out!
Yes, we are excited.
No, we aren't too scared.

Mel's reaction to the pregnancy test: "I knew it!" And then I had to tell my baby niece McKenzie. I had to tell someone that wouldn't tell everyone else!

Ben's reaction to the cake in the fridge: Open fridge. Shut fridge. Nervous laughing...open fridge again. "Are you serious?" More nervous laughing... "I better go finish the garage so I can build a crib!"

Jan's reaction to the Golden Easter egg: Near tears. Very excited and shocked. I don't think she said much other than "Ooohh! Congratulations!"

Luanne's reaction to email of Ben's cake (of course I am on the phone to hear her reaction): Scream! "You gotta come see this! Come here, come here, come here!" Then laughing and excitement turned to a little bit of scolding... "Did you know when you were down here in Utah?"

And yes we did know but we had to make sure it stuck! Well, there is definitely a little baby in there with a strong little heartbeat.

Can you believe Ben is gonna be a Daddy?

11 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

marenYeah! You guys are going to be incredible parents! Congrats!

Maren

Maren Nielsen said...

I dont know why my name came up in my comment.....weird

Maren

Megan Morton said...

Yeah! I am so excited that McKenzie is going to have little cousins to play with, that isnt something that I had!

I cant wait to find out if we need to shop for blue or pink. What are you guessing?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, That is so exciting!

Rachel said...

Yay!!! Congrats!! This is going to be such an exciting stage! Love every second of pregnancy and count your lucky stars that your not puking.... yet. And if you do start puking, here's a trick, half a unisom before you go to bed.

Jillyan said...

I am so excited for you guys! I love the way you told Ben the news. I could totally picture it and hear his laugh. YAY!!! I think I'm with you on thinking it's a boy. Congrats again!

Mindy said...

I've said it once, but I'll say it again! I'm so excited and happy for you! Congratulations and I love you!

Lacey Sue said...

WONDERFUL!!! I am SO happy for you! This is exciting news (and how you told your hubby...HA..too dang cute) Congrats!!!

Christal said...

Congratulations!!!! I am soooo excited for you! Cute way to tell Ben too! I'm glad you are not puking, that makes it easier!! So congrats again, you are going to be an incredible MOM!! I don't know Ben, but I'm sure he'll be great too.. haha! Anyways... enjoy pregnancy, it goes by way too fast and then everything else just flies by!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys. Can you believe that our babies are going to be born so close? You are so lucky to not be sick -- I'm jealous. I should have told Rob in a fun way but we were in St. Louis when we found out and we didn't want everyone else to know yet. You will be a great mom!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS