Saturday, September 26, 2009

Shower me, Baby



I had my baby shower today. I feel so loved. Thank you to all of you who came, who decorated, who brainstormed, stressed and organized, who made invitations, who showered me with love, gifts, advice and friendship.

Thank you for all the thoughtful gifts.

For the adorable pint-sized clothes. And the creative clothes line that displayed the array.




For the hand-made quilts,




handmade baby hats,




and homemade nursing shield and boppy cover.


(funny side story: when I opened the nursing shield and boppy, there were these two little tee-pees...



Now, with the theme of the present...I couldn't help but think that they went along with it...I know I am a small cup size but come on! To prove my point, I asked Ben what he thought they were and he confirmed..."Nipple Covers?" LOL Oh man, I am laughing just thinking about it. Well, they are actually Pee-Pee Tee-Pees to shield the new mom from her infant male urinating on her. Isn't that a great idea?!?? And hilarious misinterpretation?)


Thank you for the diaper cake. I know how much time, effort and money goes into a making a handmade, creative gift. Isn't this diaper cake just cute?



This is the quilt we made during the shower.



Here is dump truck from Ben's childhood that he insisted on filling with chocolate and displaying at the shower.




This is the happy, pregnant lady---fully content (but a little tired) with the eventful day.



Thank you again...especially to Jan, Jenny, Megan, Rick and Ben for pulling it all together. I love you guys!

9 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Wow! What cute things! You scored! Cant wait to see you and Ben soon!

Love ya
Maren

Rachel said...

Yay! What darling clothes and blankies and boppy and such! The pee pee tee-pees are a great idea, but try keeping them in place on a wiggly baby. You WILL get peed on... it's just a fact of life. But, it's all part of the adventure.

I ran into your mom and sisters last night in G-ville, they're so cute!

Mindy said...

you look so cute!!

Em said...

I can't believe my baby sister is REALLY having a baby! What a fun shower!

Lacey Sue said...

I love it!!! SO MUCH FUN! I am cracking up about the Tee pee's what a hoot!! You are looking gorgeous lady!

Unknown said...

Baby showers are so much fun! Thank you for the gift that you sent to my baby girl. I can't wait for your little one to arrive. I'm sure that you will be a great mother.

Christal said...

You look so cute! Looks like you got some fun stuff! Especially the tee-pees... but I agree with Rachel, good luck with those! Congrats again and enjoy the quiet, and all the rest you can get while you still can! I am excited for you!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! Such cute things! I have to agree with the tee pee things, I highly doubt that will happen!! You look great. Are you guys planning on cloth diapers or disposable, just wondering. Hope to see you soon!! Love, Lisa

christian louboutin uk store sale said...

e "largely because it relies on an occasional problem to justify a blanket prohibition."Nonetheless, the district court invoked this theory in order to deem the Red Sole Mark a "monopoly on the color red." Though the court positsCoach Originals Handbag "Louboutin would thus be able to market a total outfit in his red, while other designers would not," Louboutin's trademark registration specifically limits the red mark t

gal tool that protects their goods from imitators.Trademark law ensures that consumers can identify a good's source. In order to qualify for registration, a mark must be distinctive and used in commerce. Under the Lanham Act, nearly anything capable of carrying meaning can qualify as a symbol or device, and thus as a mark. Marks are classified along a continuum as either generic, descriptive, sugg

color, swelling of the face, mother this time appearedGucci handbags in the doorway, holding empty basin.She saw Zheng Dongni, nodded, said:" he would sleep for several hours before waking up. You follow the West decide to get home, come back later." It seems that she didn't know her daughter just after long distance travel over land and water." I waited for him to wake up." Zheng Dongni said coldly. Their hom

$512 billion global sales internationally and an annual loss of $250 billion in domestic revenue.Counterfeit merchandise is also believed to account for a loss of more than 750,000 jobs in the U.S. This means that 750,000 Coach Poppy Handbagsjobs could have been created through legitimate businesses that would have offered healthcare, better pay and stricter regulations on work conditions. This is substantial due to
rumplar