Friday, May 2, 2008

"Well, we can't all come and go by bubble" --Alphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West


I am back just in time for Ben to leave me at home. He is out camping with the scouts, and he doesn't count that as a vacation. I guess I can't really complain. I mean, I was just gone practically all week. California was really nice. We mostly shopped, ate, and chilled. Of course we went to see Wicked. This clever, prequel spin-off of the Wizard of Oz was fun and energetic. It is the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West. Overall, I loved it. The morals of the play: Things aren't always what they seem; Sometimes being smart and passionate is better than being beautiful and popular; and It ain't easy being green. It was fun. Sixflags was awesome. Oh, my gosh it was some freakin' crazy roller coasters. I love a thrill and I have never been scared of coasters but some of those rides were pretty intimidating. Some went 70 miles per hour (I am NOT exaggerating) and dropped nearly 90 degree angles. I swear I thought I was going to die...but I didn't and I loved it after I knew I was going to live and walk away with my feet still in tact. There was no crowd really so we walked on to every ride without waiting in a line. That was the best part. My favorite ride was Tatsu, so if you make it to Sixflags Magic Mountain hit that crazy ride up. I enjoyed myself. Krickett, Robyn and Keirie were fun chicks to go with. Thanks for letting me tag along. I decided that women need women. We can't live without female kinships. Men just don't get us. I feel crazy sometimes when I try on a million outfits or circle the store four times just checking if I missed something. But then I realize I'm not crazy...I'm just a woman. And there is nothing wrong with any of us. Our men just don't understand us. I love all the fun ladies in my life right now and my girlfriends from every stage of my life. Especially my sisters and my mom, whom I miss terribly. We need a sisters day as soon as Madre gets back into the country. I love ya'll and miss you tons.

3 comments:

Megan Morton said...

you are such a lucky duck! i am glad that you had a good time in Cali, and we're glad you're back!

we had fun with you guys on Thursday, and we're sorry for keeping Ben out so late on a work day!

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be a witch!!! Think of the spells I would cast! I am glad you had fun!
-EM

Amanda said...

Nice Mel! Love it! I am glad that you had fun! I LOVE roller coasters! They are so fun! What a rush!
Mand