Friday, April 25, 2008

"Stop worrying. Hollywood won’t turn your daughter into a nymphomaniac or get her hooked on drugs... I will." -Bill Maher


Hello Hollywood! So, I am going to California next week. I know, I didn't know either. I just found out about two hours ago. A couple of my girl friends had a trip to LA planned to go see Wicked and one of the girls bailed. Since they had an extra ticket and an empty spot in the hotel I just couldn't pass up the invitation. So, I booked my flight on Friday night and I am flying out on Tuesday morning ... I am CRAZY! But I am so excited. I am always up for a spontaneous trip and especially to warm and toasty southern California. It will be a quick trip but worth it. We plan to go to Sixflags Magic Mountain, the play, and do alot of shopping. We are actually staying in Hollywood. Holla to Robyn and Krickett! See you in LA!
I feel like my summer has already begun. I feel so spoiled. Number One: I have a job that I can totally go on a last minute vacation and Two: Ben and I just went down to Seaside Oregon last weekend for a getaway. By the way, that trip was so nice. It was cold and stormy but Ben and I got to be together and finally relax. We ate way too much and walked the beach and the shops. It was a Nielsen-style vacation--completely planned around what to eat next. I loved it.
I will post photos of my trip later. Woo Hoo. And don't worry about Ben, I will have Tuna Casserole in the fridge so he doesn't starve. I figure I have to go away every once in a while so he keeps appreciating all I do.

3 comments:

Jillyan said...

I am so jealous! I have been trying to get Rob to take us back to LA to go to Six Flags and Disneyland. I hope you have a great time!

Amanda said...

FUN!! It is so nice to be able to up and take off for a weekend just for kicks. Reminds me of some kick-a road trips to Cali with my roomies, back in the day! Good times! Love it!
Mand

Maren Nielsen said...

Have a great time! Enjoy the weather and most of all the shopping. Cant wait to hear about it when you get back.