Thursday, May 8, 2008

"In Sickness and In Health"

My sweet Ben is sick. He has been in bed for the past two days with fevers, a sore throat, and body aches. About three weeks ago he was sick with the same thing. It went away but now it came back with a vengeance. The first time he worked right through it. Crashing at about 5 p.m. but working still the same. He couldn't do that this time. If any of you really know Ben, you know it kills him not to work. He has never called in sick a day in his life. (OK a couple times, but not very often...and only when he is too sick to move) He really loves to work. When he is off work he works on other side jobs. This week he has almost slept 36 hours in two days.
Another telltale, is that he went to the doctor yesterday. Now, that was a breakthrough. He hates the doctor. He had to go to the doctor almost every 6 months as a kid and when they never knew what was wrong with him or finally concluded that there was nothing wrong with him, Ben completely lost all respect and faith in doctors. I pestered him and persisted until he agreed to go get checked out. They said it was a deep sinus infection and they gave us antibiotics.
I feel so bad for him. I love him so much and I hate to see him sick. I find myself grateful for my own health and the health of my family and friends.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It always stinks to be sick! I hate that! And you always hate to see someone you love be sick! Good thing he's got you to take care of him!

Jillyan said...

I hope he gets well soon! Both boys have been sick and I think Wes' cold transferred to his eyes. It is so sad when your loved ones are sick. You feel so helpless.